Written by teams of Washington University residents and faculty, The Washington Manual® of Surgery, 8th Edition, focuses on the essential information you need to know, providing concise, high-yield content that covers the broad spectrum of patient care in general surgery. In one convenient, portable resource, you’ll find practical information on all surgical subspecialties (thoracic, GI, colorectal, cardiac, vascular, breast, trauma, critical care, and more)—all at your fingertips for quick review and reference. This bestselling manual is an excellent source of expert guidance for surgical residents, attendings, medical students, and others who provide care for patients with surgical disease.
- Presents information in a succinct, consistent, outline format that conveys the most important diagnostic and management information for a given topic.
- Features new chapters on Radiology, Trauma Resuscitation and Adjuncts, and Intraoperative Considerations.
- Includes more clinical algorithms of disease work-up, diagnosis, and management, as well as updated board-style questions in every chapter.
- Covers the latest advances in surgical technique, instrumentation, and standards of practice, including more information on HIPEC and new coverage of the pregnant patient.
- Provides updated references for readers who would like additional information on a particular topic.
- Written by faculty and residents from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, one of the world’s top surgical training programs.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.