A mainstay for pathology residents, Autopsy Pathology is designed with a uniquely combined manual and atlas format that presents today’s most complete coverage of performing, interpreting, and reporting post-mortem examinations. This lasting and useful medical reference book offers a practical, step-by-step approach to discussing not only the basics of the specialty, but the performance of specialized autopsy procedures as well.
- Material is divided into two sections for ease of use: a manual covering specific autopsy procedures, biosafety, generation of autopsy reports, preparation of death certificates, and other essential subjects; and an atlas, organized by organ system, which captures the appearance of the complete spectrum of autopsy findings.
- Offers expanded coverage of microscopic histopathology.
- Includes a chapter on performing special dissection procedures that may not be covered during a typical residency.
- Examines important techniques, such as autopsy photography and radiology, microscopic examination, supplemental laboratory studies, and other investigative approaches.
- Addresses the latest legal, social, and ethical issues relating to autopsies, as well as quality improvement and assurance.
- Presents more than 600 full-color photographs depicting common gross and microscopic autopsy findings for every part of the body.
- Correlates pathologic findings with their clinical causes to enhance diagnostic accuracy.
- Improved images in the Atlas section provide greater visual understanding.
- Additional online features include dissection videos demonstrating autopsy techniques; downloadable, commonly used forms for autopsy reports; and calculators for normal organ and body weights and measures.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience offers access to all of the text, figures, images, videos, forms, calculators, and references from the book on a variety of devices.