Apley and Solomon’s Concise System of Orthopaedics and Trauma is firmly established as the leading introductory textbook of orthopaedic practice and the principles of fracture management. Praised in previous editions for its systematic approach, balanced content and easy-to-read style, the fourth edition has been brought fully up to date with more than 800 illustrations, many new to this edition, providing an invaluable pictorial account of this highly visual subject.
Key features of the Fourth Edition:
- Reflects the changing pattern of musculoskeletal disease around the world
- Focuses on actual diseases and clinical signs, with additional coverage of anatomy where appropriate—ideal for the medical student and junior surgeon
- Provides helpful guidance on simple procedures without unnecessary operative detail
- Includes revised and expanded sections on developments in molecular biology and genetics—reflecting the growing clinical significance of these important areas
- Demonstrates new imaging technologies
- Retains popular features such as handy check points and text boxes—ideal for rapid assimilation during a clinical placement or exam revision
This text remains the first choice for medical students, trainee surgeons and other health professionals seeking a concise introduction to this large and complex subject. It is a natural preface to the more detailed coverage offered by the parent book, Apley’s System of Orthopaedics and Trauma.